Optimizing Your Portfolio Exposure
The first step involves complex quantitative analysis using economic inputs. Our experienced team of analysts and other professionals uses its seasoned judgment to generate return assumptions and investment themes. Ultimately, economic forces are a major undercurrent in developing our annual Capital Markets Forecast and other insights that inform asset allocation in client portfolios.
Our team utilizes a research-driven economics-based forecasting process that includes:
- Capital markets modeling: Quantitative analysis and modeling use economic inputs (e.g., inflation, credit spreads, oil prices, expected interest rate movements, dollar exchange rates, housing market and employment projections) combined with seasoned judgment to generate return assumptions and investment themes
- Tactical and strategic asset allocation: Based on how the team believes that market, economic, and geopolitical trends are likely to unfold, its capital markets forecasts—as well as current market opportunities or challenges—form the bases of tactical (short-term) and strategic (long-term) asset allocations, respectively, for client portfolios
- Solution selection and portfolio construction: Appealing proprietary offerings and structures—partnering with and investing alongside a number of globally recognized family offices and institutional investors—are selected from our open architecture platform to optimize portfolio exposure, diversified by asset classes and economic factors
Customizing Your Portfolio: Proprietary Methodology Drives Goals-Based Planning
ParagonTM (Portfolio, Analysis, Risk Assessment & Goals Optimization) this linchpin of our comprehensive wealth planning offering asks, “what if” and helps unveil the possibilities.
Sophisticated portfolio analytics are infused with our capital markets assumptions and other intelligence that clients and their advisors can use as a tool to examine wealth through the lenses of enhanced planning capabilities, drawdown exposure, and goals fulfillment. In so doing, it also:
- Helps confirm that portfolios reflect risk tolerance, objectives, and financial goals
- Provides a better understanding of portfolio risk and performance across asset classes
- Illustrates how alternate scenarios may fare in challenging markets
- Fosters a holistic look at wealth by including in the portfolio allocation process a customizable balance sheet, a net worth statement, investable assets, and even nonfinancial assets, such as privately held businesses
- Aims to shed light on whether goals, assets, needs, and individual circumstances are working in concert with broader wealth management goals
Paragon is a portfolio analysis, risk assessment, and goal optimization tool. The Paragon report uses hypothetical examples in conjunction with forecasts for inflation, economic growth, and asset class returns, volatility, and correlation and provides you with general financial planning information and to serve as one tool in helping you develop a strategy for pursuing your financial goals. It is not intended to provide specific legal, investment, accounting, tax, or other professional advice. For specific advice on these aspects of your investments, you should consult your professional advisors.