Wealth Management Services
Concentrated Stock and Options Strategies
Your concentrated stock and options may be a significant part of your compensation package. Benefit from our century-strong* corporate fiduciary experience when it comes to diversifying your stock and executing your options.
Consider diversifying your stock strategically
Concentrated stock positions may result from long-term family holdings, mergers and acquisitions, IPOs, private equity distributions, or company stock options. As a fiduciary, we can help you:
- Determine the structure that suits your needs for diversification, wealth transfer, or hedge positions
- Assess your risk tolerance and the feasibility of selling the stock
- Explore strategies such as outright sales, charitable giving vehicles, options strategies, exchange funds, and loss harvesting
Get value from your options
We evaluate the intrinsic value of your options in conjunction with your wealth management goals. Your customized exercise strategy considers:
- Your risk tolerance
- Income tax situation
- Overall stock market environment
- Your single stock concentration
- Any restrictions against selling the underlying stock
Review your stock and options plans with our wealth advisors to help ensure that you diversify and execute strategically.
Investing involves risks, and you may incur a profit or a loss. Asset allocation/diversification does not guarantee a profit or protect against a loss.
*Wilmington Trust traces its roots to the founding of WTC in 1903.