Welcome to Wilmington Trust Endowments & Foundations
Our team offers philanthropic, fiduciary, and investment solutions to help nonprofit organizations throughout the U.S. meet their objectives. Scroll down to learn more, or click "Connect With Our Team" to connect with us today.
A Consultative and Value-Added Approach
We take a consultative approach to building client-specific investment programs for our Endowments & Foundations clients and aim to foster close and long-lasting relationships. Our services, such as our value-added Philanthropic Speaker Series, are designed to help your organization succeed.
With a focus on small to mid-size organizations, we bring experience and customized solutions to endowments, foundations, pensions, board–designated funds, reserve funds, operating funds, and others. Our team understands the complex regulatory environment of the modern nonprofit and maintains a strong knowledge of today's fundraising trends and issues.
Wilmington Trust has been serving the needs of nonprofits for more than a century.* In fact, our culture is deeply rooted in philanthropy. One of our founders with a lifelong passion for gardening, Pierre S. du Pont, was instrumental in funding and creating what is the now-famous Longwood Gardens. Learn more about how we share a mission-mindedness with our nonprofit clients.
* Wilmington Trust traces its roots to the founding of WTC in 1903.
Running an endowment or foundation is hard work. It takes relentless dedication to causes that matter and a never-ending thirst for learning. Our Philanthropic Speaker Series, now offered in a hybrid format (virtual and in-person), features sought-after keynote speakers whose keen insights can help you make an even bigger difference in the community.
- A Holistic Approach to Socially Responsible Investing: A Look at How ESG Meets DEI
- Planned Giving: Expanding Bequest Programs in Current Times
- Donor Advised Funds in the New Decade
- Engaging Board Members in Fundraising
- The NYPMIFA Rules Revisited: Lessons Learned a Decade Later
- Private Foundation Panel: Current Developments in Accounting, Legal, and Investing
- Retirement Plan Issues in an Inflationary Environment
- Going Beyond the Board: Personal Planning for Nonprofit Trustees
Endowments & Foundations Advisory Services
We take a consultative approach to building client-specific investment programs for our clients. Our customized investment solutions include access to a robust roster of managers and a full array of alternative investments as well as environmental, social, and governance (ESG) investment strategies. Additionally, giving our clients access to continuing education is one of our key differentiators. Clients may participate in our sought-after Philanthropic Speaker Series to gain insights from prominent professionals in the nonprofit sector—or take advantage of our broad array of educational articles on relevant research and trends.
Private Foundation Administration
Nonprofit administrative services are a core offering at Wilmington Trust. We understand the unique challenges facing smaller nonprofits and provide personalized services to help meet clients’ administrative needs. Through a team-based approach we work closely with nonprofits to tailor back office and corporate governance services for each client we serve.
Sustainable Investing: Rewards Beyond Returns
What began decades ago as a fringe notion of investing to make the world a better place has soared in popularity in recent years. Our experienced team has a robust process to help identify companies that display superior ESG qualities. We work closely with clients to assist them with aligning their principles and their financial goals.
Institutional Custody Services
We offer a full range of domestic and global custody services to support investment management solutions for endowments, foundations, government agencies, private investment partnerships, Delaware and non-Delaware holding companies, and capital markets transactions.
Retirement Plan Administration
There are many complexities and risks associated with administering a retirement plan. Wilmington Trust offers specialized competency in working with defined benefit plans and employer-sponsored defined contribution retirement plans. We can assist corporations and nonprofit organizations with fiduciary and investment services, plan design, and employee communication and education.
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion: From the partnerships we support to the suppliers we work with, we believe in meaningful connections to help make a difference.
- ESG: This report showcases the passion, commitment, and positive social and environmental impact of our people, products, and services at M&T Bank.
- Volunteerism: We place a high value on giving back to the communities we live in—and the people we serve. M&T Bank offers employees 40 volunteer hours to share with the organizations that speak to them.
- Multicultural Banking: At M&T Bank, we are committed to our diverse community of customers. We understand our multicultural communities have distinctive needs, and we work toward meeting those needs.
There is no guarantee that integrating environmental, social, or governance (ESG) analysis will provide improved risk-adjusted returns over any specific time period. The evaluation of ESG factors will affect the strategy’s exposure to certain issuers, industries, sectors, regions, and countries and may impact the relative financial performance of the strategy depending on whether such investments are in or out of favor.