Healthy communities are the foundation of successful businesses. Through grants and in-kind services, the M&T Charitable Foundation works in partnership with nonprofit organizations that focus on improving the quality of life for our clients, staff members, and neighbors. Our decisions are made locally, by the people who know their communities best.
The M&T Charitable Foundation offers financial support and resources to many types of organizations, including, but not limited to, those that support:
- Civic affairs
- Human services
Charitable contributions guidelines
All requests received by the M&T Charitable Foundation are reviewed in monthly meetings by local Charitable Contributions Committees.
In general, the M&T Charitable Foundation does not make grants to:
- Organizations that lack the 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status
- Political organizations, candidates. or lobbying efforts
- Fraternal organizations
- Sports teams
- National or international organizations, unless their programs have significant local impact
- Religious or sectarian organizations, except when they are conducting programs that are secular in nature and have wide public impact
If your organization would like to be considered for a charitable contribution, you may be asked to submit the following:
- Board member list with affiliations
- Copy of the IRS 501(c)(3) federal tax exemption letter of determination
- Mission statement/purpose of your organization
- A list of other sources of funding
- Annual budget and/or project budget
- How you will measure the impact of your program
Should you need additional information on how to apply for support,
please contact:J. Michael Riley
Chairman, Contributions Committee
If you have read our guidelines and are ready to apply for support, please click the "Apply Now" link below to begin the process.