On-Line Statements Disclosure
This On-Line Statements Disclosure (the “Disclosure”) contains the terms and conditions specific to the electronic account statement service provided through On-Line Statements. By enrolling in On-Line Statements and agreeing to this Disclosure, you agree to be legally bound by this Disclosure, the terms and conditions of the Wilmington Trust Online Access Disclosure Agreement (which is incorporated herein by reference) and to receive account statements electronically. The electronic statement service is an option by which you may obtain account statements and tax documents (collectively may be referred to as ‘statements”) electronically for viewing, printing and downloading.
The following terms will be used throughout this Disclosure:
- When we refer to "we," "us," "our," "ours," we mean the Wilmington Trust entity providing the account statement(s) to you, whether Wilmington Trust, N.A., Wilmington Trust Company or M&T Bank or any subsidiary or affiliate thereof, and statements may be provided by any or all of such entities at any time. Wilmington Trust is a registered service mark used in connection with various fiduciary and non-fiduciary services, including trustee, custodial, agency, investment management, and other services offered to trust, individual, and institutional clients by certain subsidiaries of M&T Bank Corporation, including, but not limited to, Manufacturers & Traders Trust Company (M&T Bank), Wilmington Trust Company (operating in Delaware only) and Wilmington Trust, N.A.
- When we refer to "you" and "your," we mean you, the individual(s) or entity(ies) authorized to access the accounts identified on the Website.
- When we refer to “Website,” we mean any current or future Internet website that we make available to you, and all related web pages, for the electronic account statement service.
By enrolling in the On-Line Statements electronic statement service, you consent that we may provide, now and in the future, statements to you electronically. Please note that we may continue to provide you with paper statements in our sole discretion or where required by the terms of the account agreement or other instrument governing the account or applicable law.
Anytime you enroll in the On-Line Statements electronic statement service, you hereby confirm that you have the following hardware and software (collectively the “System Requirements”):
- A personal computer or other electronic device and equipment that is capable of (a) accessing the Internet to review and retain the Statements, (b) sending and receiving email, and (c) printing copies of information from our Website (if you want paper copies) or storing data (if you want to retain electronic copies)
- A valid email address on file with us at which to receive notice that your account statement(s) are available for you at the Website
- Software that permits you to receive, access and retain Portable Document Format or “PDF” files, such as Adobe® Reader® (available for download at http://www.adobe.com
- Accessing your Account Statements Electronically
Once the On-Line Statements electronic statement service takes effect, whenever any statement is made available to you at the Website, we will send to your email address on file with us a notice that the electronic statement is available to you at the Website. You will then be directed to sign onto our Website, using your User ID and password, where you will be able to view, print or save your electronic statement(s). We recommend that you print and/or save copies of your statements as they become available. Please note that upon account closure, statements may not be available at the Website. Except when applicable law requires otherwise, the notice we send to your email address on file with us may be the only notice to you about the availability of the account statement(s) at the Website. You acknowledge that availability of the electronic statement on the Website or delivery of the notice to your email address on file with us will constitute delivery of the electronic statement whether or not you view or print such electronic statement.
- Changing Statement Delivery Option
You can change your statement delivery preference (electronic delivery to paper delivery) by contacting us through one of the methods described below under “How to Contact Us.” We will not impose a fee to change your delivery option from electronic to paper delivery or from paper to electronic delivery. Whether there are charges for electronic delivery and/or paper statements is based on the applicable account agreements(s) and fee schedule(s) or agreement(s). Please refer to such documentation for details.
If you change your statement delivery preference from electronic to paper delivery, we will terminate your access to On-Line Statements. Additionally, if you have an account that requires electronic statements and you wish to change your delivery option to paper delivery, we may require that you convert your account to an account permitting paper records. Your access to the Digital Service, Online Service and the Website will not be affected by termination of your access to On-Line Statements. We always reserve the right to communicate with you in writing and/or send account statement(s) to you using the U.S. Postal Service, no matter what other options you have chosen.
- Email Address
It is your responsibility to promptly notify us of any change in your email address that is used for electronic statement service. You may notify us of your email address change by using one of the following methods: (a) update the email address in your Profile section of the Website, or (b) use one of the methods described below under “How to Contact Us.”
Any notification of change of email address you provide to us must be received by us at least seven (7) business days before scheduled delivery of the electronic statement. Please note that any change you make to your email address will change your email address only for purposes of the On-Line Statements electronic statement service. It may not change your email address on file with us for any other purpose or services.
- Paper Copies
If you wish to obtain a paper copy of any electronic statement, you may log in to our Website and print the statement, or you may submit to us a separate request for a paper copy through one of the methods described below under “How to Contact Us.” We will not charge you a fee for the paper copy.
Your request for the paper copy will not constitute a request to cancel electronic statement service or a request to discontinue receipt of electronic statements. Even if we send you or discontinue sending you paper copies of electronic statements, we may (but shall have no duty to) resume sending paper copies at any time for any reason, including, but not limited to, because we believe that you are not receiving notices that an electronic statement is available to you at the Website or because we believe that a change in System Requirements may be required for electronic statement service which creates a risk that you may not be able to receive electronically, view and retain electronic statements.
- Termination of Enrollment
We may terminate your enrollment in the On-Line Statement electronic statement service at any time, in our sole discretion, without notice to you. The termination will take effect when we specify. You may terminate your enrollment in the On-Line Statement electronic statement service through one of the methods described below under “How to Contact Us.” The termination will not take effect until we have had a reasonable time to act on your notice. Termination of your enrollment in the On-Line Statement electronic statement service (a) may be effective for all accounts; and (b) will not affect the validity or legal effect of any electronic statement provided to you at the Website prior to the effective date of such termination.
- How to Contact Us
If you wish to contact us, please contact us as follow:
- Telephone us at 1-800-982-4620.
- Contact your Relationship Manager. You may find contact information, such as the telephone number or address, for your Relationship Manager on your account statements.
- Email us at ClientStatement@wilmingtontrust.com. Please only send secure email to us; do not use regular email. We cannot assure the security of information sent to us via regular email. It is possible that such information may be intercepted during transmission of a regular email.
Where possible, please include in your communication to us your name, address, account number(s), your new and old email address (if you are making an email address change), and the information you are requesting.
PLEAVE SAVE OR PRINT A COPY FOR YOUR RECORDS.
© 2020 M&T Bank Corporation and its subsidiaries. All rights reserved.