All-in-one Solutions Platform
Access a robust array of high-quality solutions that offers you:
- Manager customization based on your particular objectives
- Proprietary and open architecture strategies that blend complementary investment solutions to help give access to the best of both worlds in a single platform
- Active managers or approved passive investment vehicles that undergo a comprehensive cost-benefit analysis in an effort to isolate those we believe are likely to achieve attractive, competitive returns
- An across-the-board drawdown exposure approach to risk management
To bring to bear on your portfolio the solutions we believe show the greatest potential to deliver value and attractive returns, we use forward-looking analysis and conduct a thorough screening process on a set of managers, mutual funds, and exchange-traded funds (ETFs) we aim to carve out from a fixed investment universe of eligible high-quality candidates:
- Scrutinize philosophy and process, aimed at identifying the most tax-efficient solutions with minimal turnover to make trading work for your bottom line
- Collect and analyze data regularly to compare performance on a risk-adjusted basis relative to a peer group and benchmark
- Perform ongoing due diligence to help ensure managers adhere to their particular style and process
Asset class diversification
A well-diversified portfolio is designed to help enhance returns and curb volatility. We believe it should include both traditional and nontraditional asset classes, as one group often does well when the other does not. Endowments, pension plans, and other institutional clients learned this harsh lesson when equities and fixed income outperformed hedge funds, real estate, and private markets.*
Fixed income experience
Our skilled fixed income investing team is highly regarded in the industry with an average of over 20 and 28 years per analyst in the taxable and municipal groups, respectively.
The team consists of specialists in portfolio and risk management, trading, and credit research. They use a range of varying-term proprietary and third-party fixed income portfolio strategies and may be able to toggle back and forth between taxable and tax-free issues, depending on your institution's tax requirements and investment objectives:
- Municipal Money Market Strategy—average duration 0-1 year
- Money Market Strategy—average duration 0-1 year
- Enhanced Money Market Strategy—average duration 0-2 years
- Ultra Short-Term Strategy—average duration 0-3 years
- Total Return Short/Intermediate-Term Strategy—average duration 0-10 years
- Total Return Broad Market Strategy—targets overall market duration
- Multi-strategy Fixed income Strategy
Our equity team selects domestic managers that strive for dividend income and capital appreciation:
- Dividend Growth Strategy
- Equity Income Strategy
- Core Equity Strategy
- Sector Allocation Strategy
Depending on your particular goals, circumstances, risk tolerance, and time horizon, we may also include nontraditional assets and sub-asset classes, such as real estate, hedge funds, and (for qualified investors) private equity.
Based on research and thought leadership from our Investment Committee, we develop proprietary models to analyze the market and determine strategies and products specifically designed for institutional portfolios. Our strategy seeks to provide returns in excess of the relevant benchmark with lower overall drawdown exposure and volatility, while recognizing our clients' risk tolerance, liquidity constraints, tax-sensitivity, costs, and other specific considerations.
Reach out to discuss how we can help you to pursue your institution's overall investment objectives.
* "College Endowments Seen Posting Worst Returns Since 2009," Bloomberg.com, by Janet Lorin and Martin Z. Braun, August 2, 2016.
Investing involves risks and you may incur a profit or a loss. Past performance cannot guarantee future results.
Diversification does not ensure a profit or guarantee against a loss.
There is no assurance that any investment strategy will be successful. Private market investments are only available to investors that meet the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission’s definitions of “qualified purchaser” and “accredited investor”.
There are additional risks associated with the strategies listed above. Please reach out for additional information.