Wealth Management Services
Estate Planning & Strategic Wealth Transfer
Planning for the future and working to ensure that your wishes will be carried out doesn't have to keep you up at night. We can review your assets to be sure they are invested appropriately for your specific needs and provide guidance on how your wealth transfer plan is structured.
Understanding your challenges
For more than a century,* we have worked with individuals, families, and business owners to help translate their success into a meaningful and lasting legacy. We understand the issues you face, and we can help you address them in a thorough and disciplined way.
Our estate planning strategies are designed to help you:
- Pass your legacy on to your heirs
- Grow your assets
- Mitigate wealth transfer taxes
- Protect your assets from creditors
The non-tax side of planning
There are a number of "non-tax" reasons for estate planning that relate to protecting existing wealth and planning the transfer of wealth through generations, including:
- Creating vehicles that provide confidentiality and privacy
- Creating mechanisms for the efficient funding of charitable causes
- Helping to ensure the proper care of minors or disabled family members
- Providing for financial security during times of incapacity
- Handling or avoiding probate in multiple states
- Encouraging responsible behavior by future generations when they receive an inheritance
Through our collaborative approach to estate planning, we are happy to work collectively with your estate planning attorney and other advisors to provide comprehensive and customized service.
Talk to us about how we can help you with your estate planning so that you can efficiently transfer wealth to your heirs and charities in a tax-conscious way.
*Wilmington Trust traces its roots to the founding of WTC in 1903.