Your Tactical Portfolio
Markets and economies are fluid. We consistently aim to sidestep short-term challenges and capitalize on short-term opportunities while minimizing drawdown risk exposure.
Based on current and near-term expectations for the economy and capital markets, while incorporating valuation and momentum indicators, our Investment Committee makes tactical (9- to 12-month) asset allocation shifts in the weightings of asset classes in our clients' portfolios.
We do this by:
- Seeking value in new and different ways and not just looking at asset classes by themselves
- Focusing on the economic forces that drive asset class behavior
- Having a more nuanced, sector-based approach to equity investing rather than looking through a value/growth or market capitalization lens
- Employing a more discriminating, precise approach to international equity investing, identifying opportunities in particular countries, rather than broad regions
Where our best thinking comes to life: your customized portfolio
Advice meets execution with your Investment Policy Statement (IPS), the centerpiece of your long-term investment strategy. It is a written document that reflects the coming together of your individual circumstances, plus our advice and solutions, to create your portfolio and the development of the investment strategy we feel will best be able to fulfill your objectives. An IPS is a living document that is periodically revisited to reflect changes in any of the critical inputs that went into creating it.
Your tailor-made roadmap is designed to:
- Frame your needs, priorities, and investment objectives
- Assess how much risk you feel comfortable taking
- Encourages regular communication and mutual understanding of your goals and the plan to achieve them
- Discourages emotional reactions to market events
- Promotes investment discipline so you can keep your portfolio strategy on track during market ups and downs
- Establishes a reference point to monitor strategy and evaluate results