It offers four main areas of investment management expertise:
- Discretionary Investment Advisory Services (including Outsourced Chief Investment Officers) which includes asset allocation, manager selection and portfolio construction using an open architecture approach
- Fixed income investing in corporate and government bonds and enhanced cash strategies
- Equity investing in small-, mid- and large-capitalization U.S. companies
- Investment Advisory Services to 401(k) plans
A fiduciary legacy: Wilmington Trust
Wilmington Trust was founded by T. Coleman duPont in 1903. Since that time, we have advised endowments, foundations, and other not-for-profit institutions on how to preserve and enhance their assets through all kinds of financial markets and economic swings. Over the century, fiduciary commitment is at the core of everything we do for our clients. It is both our duty and our privilege to provide our clients with a high standard of loyalty and care, putting their interests before our own.
That history is very much alive today and WTIA proudly carries the torch of fiduciary commitment to its clients. Our investment process provides governance, risk management, and fiduciary oversight, which underscore:
- The alignment of interests to foster sound decision making
- Advice and solutions tailored to clients' objectives, risk tolerance, and liquidity needs
- A dedication to prudent investing
- Fulfillment of responsibilities as outlined in the Uniform Prudent Management of Institutional Funds Act (UPMIFA), working closely with not-for-profit boards in co-fiduciary roles
- Implementation of legal requirements and best practices, creating an UPMIFA-compliant overall plan, which includes key elements such as effective investment and spending policies
- The need to provide full transparency over fee structures
Wilmington Trust is renowned for many reasons:
- Relationships. Highly focused on understanding what is important to clients, we aim to incorporate comprehensive, customized, and cost-effective investment solutions we believe to be in their best interests.
- Experience. Our investment advisory experience goes back more than 100 years and has a current presence that extends to all 50 states and 90 countries.
- Satisfaction. Clients' average tenure is 10 years.
- Expertise. Direct client access to experienced senior investment and fiduciary professionals.
- Confidence. Long-standing reputation as a fiduciary and asset management firm.
A proud heritage: M&T Bank
WTIA leverages the strength of M&T Bank, its parent company and a leading depository and lending franchise that was founded in 1856 as Manufacturers and Traders Trust Company.
Today, 160 years later, the bank's success is clear, with a footprint that extends far and wide:
- Assets of $123.8 billion, according to its quarterly corporate profile.
- More than 800 retail and commercial branches
- Over 17,000 employees
- Locations in eight states, the District of Columbia, and Ontario, Canada
On May 16, 2011, M&T Bank Corporation acquired Wilmington Trust and its affiliates, creating one of the 20 largest U.S.-based independent commercial bank holding companies. WTIA's appropriate scale, stability and resources are supported by M&T's long-term profitability.
Helping all of our WTIA–M&T clients to fulfill their objectives is mission critical. Our strong local presence supports our ability to serve our clients and to give back to the communities in which we live and work.
*"Wilmington Trust" comprises a number of subsidiaries and affiliates of M&T Bank serving individual and institutional clients, including Wilmington Trust Company, Wilmington Trust, N.A., Wilmington Trust Investment Advisors, Inc., and Wilmington Trust Investment Management, LLC, as well as several other investment adviser affiliates.
**As of June 30, 2016; M&T Bank Corporation's second-quarter results.