Institutional experience and personal attention
Our firm has more than 100 years of institutional portfolio management experience. Our skilled fixed income investing team is composed of specialists in portfolio and risk management, trading, and credit research.
We have deep experience working with institutional clients, such as:
Enjoy personal service and the attention of a dedicated relationship manager
- Holding companies
- Captive insurance companies
- Banks and funds associated with project finance transactions
who will take the time to build a relationship with you, develop and maintain an investment policy statement to serve as the blueprint for your portfolio's objectives, and stay in close touch by phone, email, and in-person meetings.
Take advantage of other offerings
, such as comprehensive, customized reporting to satisfy monthly, quarterly, and year-end reporting requirements, or for board of director presentations; daily account information through On-Line Portfolio™ technology; and audit and accounting assistance.
Our consistent, disciplined investment philosophy:
- Recognizes the importance of liquidity
- Actively trades in an effort to capitalize on time-sensitive opportunities
- Analyzes and projects issuer future cash flows
Market intelligence to power your portfolio
Based on proprietary research and thought leadership from our Investment Committee, we develop proprietary models to analyze the market and determine strategies and products specifically designed for institutional portfolios. Our strategy seeks to provide returns in excess of the relevant benchmark with lower overall volatility, while recognizing our clients' risk tolerance, liquidity constraints and other specific considerations.
Infuse your portfolio strategy with our Investment Committee's market and economic forecasts that are used to:
- Develop strategic and tactical asset allocations
- Diversify to seek competitive returns with reduced portfolio volatility
Select from fixed income investment managers that have passed our rigorous scrutiny of philosophy, process, and data; manager oversight is ongoing, to guard against style drift and underperformance.
Employ an active, flexible approach to fixed income investing which incorporates key elements such as duration and yield curve management, sector management, and issue selection.
A range of strategies to meet your investment needs
We develop and manage customized short-term, intermediate-term, and broad market fixed income portfolios. Certain strategies may be able to switch between taxable and tax-free issues depending on your tax requirements and investment objectives.
Fixed income strategies:
- Municipal Money Market Strategy—average duration 0-1 year
- Money Market Strategy—average duration 0-1 year
- Enhanced Money Market Strategy—average duration 0-2 years
- Ultra Short-Term Strategy—average duration 0-3 years
- Total Return Short/Intermediate-Term Strategy—average duration 0-10 years
- Total Return Broad Market Strategy—targets overall market duration
Reach out to discuss how we can help you to pursue your institution's overall investment objectives.
Investing involves risks and you may incur a profit or a loss. There is no assurance that any investment strategy will be successful. Diversification does not guarantee a profit or protect against a loss.