Values & Ethics
Our Values and Code of Ethics
The reputation of Wilmington Trust as a leader in the financial services industry and the brand in which our clients and communities place their trust is built on a well-defined set of Guiding Principles. These principles unite our collective endeavors by providing a common point of reference against which we define and deliver our commitments to our clients, our shareholders, and our communities. We articulate these principles across the following inter-dependent statements of standards and beliefs:
Possibilities and dreams fulfilled.
To help our clients succeed.
To treat you as an important individual each and every time.
Our Core Values
- Empowerment with accountability
- Honesty and integrity
Our Code of Conduct and Ethics
- Conduct business activities free of perceived or actual personal conflicts of interest, and when a conflict exists, disclose and resolve the conflict.
- Use opportunities discovered in the course of business to advance the interests of the company and its clients and not for personal gain or benefit.
- Protect and efficiently use all company assets and resources for the benefit of the company and its clients.
- Maintain the confidentiality of client, staff member, and non-public business information.
- Deal truthfully and respectfully with prospects, clients, staff members, vendors, and competitors.
- Promote compliance with laws, rules, regulations, and company standards in all markets and business activities. Disclosures in documents filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and in other public communications must be timely, full, fair, accurate, and understandable.
- Promote ethical conduct and vigorously protect the company's reputation by reporting any observed or suspected illegal or unethical behavior.
Download (link to Guiding Principles PDF) a printer friendly version of the Wilmington Trust Code of Conduct and Ethics.
Complying with these Principles
We use Ethicspoint®, a comprehensive and anonymous reporting tool that assists management and staff members in working together to create a positive work environment by immediately addressing possible fraud, abuse, and misconduct in the workplace.
- Ethicspoint® is a secure and confidential communication tool that individuals, inside or outside of our company, can use to share information of any kind. It is used to report ethical violations, as well as other incidents of misconduct.
- It is also used to provide suggestions and submit questions about company regulations or policies.
- Ethicspoint® can be accessed internally by staff members through our company's Intranet site.
- Externally, it can be accessed by calling 866-ETHICSP (1-866-384-4277), or by visiting www.ethicspoint.com.
Please contact us
if you have a question about these statements, or would like more information on our values and ethics.
You need the free Adobe® Acrobat® Reader® program to view/print PDF files.